- Levels of Racism: A Theoretic Framework and a Gardener’s Tale
- Academic guide that goes with the gardener video explaining the framework behind it
- The Intersectionality Wars
- Vox article looking at intersectionality as a framework and its consequences
- What I learned when I recreated the famous ‘doll test’ that looked at how Black kids see race
- Short article looking at the famous "Doll Test" where Black children are offered dolls that are either Black or White, the author describes how racism plays a key role
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsac
- Article unpacking what white privilege is and how it operates
- Who Gets to Be Afraid in America?
- Article looking at white fear and its violent consequences
- American Son
- Movie which tells a story about the danger of policing and racism in the US
- Camara Jones: Allegories on Race and Racism
- 20-minute TEDx where Dr. Jones shares 4 allegories on race and racism as a way of contextualizing race and racism
- Camara Jones: The Gardener
- 6-minute video that uses flowers and soil as a metaphor for 3 levels of racism
- Dear White People
- Netflix show set on a fictional, predominantly white Ivy League college, and follows a group of black students as they navigate various forms of racial and other types of discrimination
- How Racism Makes Us Sick
- Dr. David Williams presents evidence for how racism is producing a rigged system -- and offers hopeful examples of programs across the US that are working to dismantle discrimination. Improving Health Equity, Beating the Odds video Racial Equity
- How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion
- 18-minute video of Peggy McIntosh at TEDx shares how her experience as a white woman in academia has informed her knowledge of racial discrimination and oppression
- Jane Elliott's "Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes" Anti-Racism Exercise | The Oprah Winfrey Show
- 32-minute video from the Oprah show in 1992 where staff and audience members were instructed to discriminate against those with blue eyes
- NBC News: Does Congress hold power over Puerto Rico through racist, outdated rulings?
- 3 minute news stories outlining the response to Hurricane Maria and how that ties into systemic racism
- Systemic Racism Explained
- 5 minute video explaining how racism is a structural phenomena from Act.tv
- When they See Us
- Netflix limited series following the teens denoted as the 'Central Park Five' from when they are first questioned about the incident in the spring of 1989, through their exoneration, and settlement in 2014
- About Race
- Podcast from the author of the book "Why I am No Longer Talking to White People About Race"
- Code Switch
- Podcast that explores how race affects every part of society — from politics and pop culture to history, food, and everything in between
- Intersectionality Matters!
- Podcast from Kimberlé Crenshaw who coined the term intersectionality
- Momentum: A Race Forward
- Podcast looking at racism, research, and social justice
- Pod Save the People
- Podcast produced by Crooked Media which explores and analyzes news, culture, social justice, and politics
- Don’t Look Away: Embracing Anti- Bias Classrooms
- Book by a team of authors for childhood educators to combat racism in their classrooms
- My Grandmother's Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending our Hearts and Bodies
- In this groundbreaking book, therapist Resmaa Menakem examines the damage caused by racism in America from the perspective of trauma and body-centered psychology.
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, & You
- Book by Jason Reynolds which delves into the current state of race and racism and what can be done about it
- So You Want to Talk About Race
- Book by Ijeoma Oluo outlining her experiences of in the context of white supremacy in the US
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
- Book by Michelle Alexander looking at mass incarceration in the US
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?
- Book by Beverly Daniel Tatum looking at self-segregation in schools and the forces behind it
- Center for Antiracist Research
- From Boston University and directed by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi, with a mission to build a world where racial equity and social justice prevail
- ReThinking Racism For Racial & Social Justice
- Workshop examining the imposition of individual, institutional & cultural ideology that leads to systemic racism and provides a basis for taking action
- Healing Racism Institute of Pioneer Valley
- Organization based in the Pioneer valley doing anti-racist work
- The National Conference for Community and Justice (NCCJ)
- Organization doing anti-racist work nationally
- The Structural Racism Remedies Repository
- This is a repository of policy-based recommendations for addressing structural and systemic racism or advancing racial equity drawn from a vast array of published material, from the University of California, Berkeley, Othering and Belonging Institute.
Putting Resources into Practice: A Race and Health Equity Blog
We would love to hear from you! Do you have a resource that should be added to the Guide? Would you like to share a story about your favorite resource and how you have used it to advance racial equity? Contact us!