If you know of a COVID-19 related event or information session in the region that you'd like us to share, please let us know!
Upcoming COVID-19 Events
Encouraging vaccination: How to talk to family and friends over the holidays
Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 6:00 pm | Virtual (Zoom)
While a majority of people in MA are vaccinated against COVID-19, many still have family and friends who are hesitant to get vaccinated themselves. With many of us reuniting with loved ones or returning home for the holidays, it’s important we have the tools to discuss the issue, hear concerns, and share accurate and helpful information with those yet to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Join MASSPIRG for an online forum discussion featuring local doctors as they share information on how to communicate about the COVID-19 vaccines and counter misinformation. Register here.
Thursday, Dec. 9th at 12 pm | Virtual
Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health will holding a live online Q&A with Dr. Stephen Kissler, Research Fellow, Havard TH Chan School of Public Health, who will be discussing many pressing issues related to the pandemic. Register for the webinar here. The recording will also be available after.
Communication Skills Training for Caregivers Discussing COVID-19 Vaccination
Friday, Dec. 17th at 10am | Virtual via Zoom
This 90 minute webinar (10am-12pm EST with short breaks) is designed to improve the counseling skills of Massachusetts clinicians for discussing COVID-19 vaccination with pregnant and postpartum people. The training will also focus on addressing vaccine hesitancy and reducing racial disparities in rates of COVID-19 vaccination among birthing people and their families. More information here.
This webinar is a partnership between the Perinatal-Neonatal Quality Improvement Network of Massachusetts (PNQIN), Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), and the Center for Integrated Primary Care at UMass Chan Medical School and is part of PNQIN's Perinatal COVID-19 Vaccine Initiative. Register here.
Know of any COVID-related events? Please let us know.
Past COVID-19 Events
- Harvard School of Public Health, Understanding Long COVID: The Unseen Public Health Crisis, 11/19/21: Watch the recording from this webinar held by the Harvard School of Public Health, which offers a valuable discussion about long COVID and how the health care system can do better to support the these long haulers.
- Public Health Institute of Western MA, Updates on COVID-19: What you need to know about the COVID boosters and vaccine for younger kids, 11/2/21: Watch the the recording from the webinar featuring Dr. Chrsytal Wittcopp, Medical Director of Baystate General Pediatrics.
- Public Health Institute of Western MA, Updates on COVID-19: What you need to know about the delta variant, vaccinations, and masking indoors, 8/31/21: Watch the the recording from the webinar featuring Dr. Armando Paez, Chief of Baystate Health Division of Infectious Disease and Doris Harris, Host of Health Matters and Community Consultant for the Public Health Institute of Western MA.
- Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts, Webinar- Vaccines & Masks: Navigating Workplace Culture, 6/24/21 at 12:00pm: Learn how different organizations are handling returning to work and workplace culture regarding COVID-19. Click here to access audio recording.
- Springfield City Council COVID-19 Response Committee Virtual Town Hall, 5/25/21 at 7:00pm: The COVID-19 Response Committee held a virtual town hall seeking input from Springfield residents and business owners about the impact of the pandemic and what Springfield should focus on as it moves towards pandemic recovery.
- COVID 19 VACCINE Community Conversation for Black, Indigenous, and person of color communities, 4/29/21 at 5:00pm: Franklin Regional Council of Governments for a webinar. Click here to learn more.
- MCLA to Present Panel on COVID-19 Vaccine Featuring Public-health Experts, 4/8/21 at 5:00pm: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is hosting a free virtual panel, “Closing the Gap on Herd Immunity,” featuring three experts in public health Learn more.
- Healthcare and Scams during COVID-19, 3/17/21 at 10:30am: The Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healy-Community Engagement Division is hosting a series of educational trainings. Learn more.
- COVID-19 Town Hall, 3/16/21 at 6pm: Join the Springfield Vax Force for a virtual town hall. The program can be accessed via Springfield Community Television Channel 17, http://focusspringfield.com/vax-town-hall; or http://facebook.com/cityofspringfieldma
- COVID-19 Vaccine Virtual Town Hall, 3/10/21 at 11:00am: Come ask your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. Speakers include State Senator Adam Gomez, State Representative Carlos Gonzalez, and Caring Health Center President & CEO Tania Barber, Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Moseley, Vice President of Research & Population Health Cristina Huebner Torres, PhD, MA. https://fb.me/e/1fy5qUSs1
- Virtual Panel Discussion: The COVID Vaccine: Personal & Professional Perspectives Within African American and Latino Communities, 3/5/21 at 12:00 pm: The Children's Study Home is hosting a panel discussion about the COVID Vaccine and personal & professional perspectives within African American and Latino Communities. Watch Now!
- Mason Square COVID-19 Vaccination Information Session, 2/23/2021: This webinar featured Helen Caulton-Harris, Commissioner of Springfield Health and Human Services; Esteban DelPilar-Morales, MD, Infectious Disease Specialist at Baystate Health; Lindsey Tucker, Associate Commission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health; and Phoebe Walker, MPPA, Director of Community Services for Franklin Regional Council of Governments. Watch Now!
- The COVID-19 Vaccine: What Inquiring Minds Want to Know, 2/21/21: Join the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority- Springfield Alumnae Chapter and Baystate Health for a webinar featuring Dr. Mark A. Keroack, President & Chief Executive Officer, Baystate Health.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Webinar Series: Join Trinity Health Of New England experts for an educational presentation about the COVID-19 vaccine and what you need to know. Following the presentation, there will be a Question & Answer session.
- COVID-19 Vaccine & The African American Population, 2/9/2021: This webinar featured Dr. Webley, PhD, presenting to the Springfield Black COVID-19 Task Force. Dr. Webley is an Associate Professor & the Director of PreMed/PreHealth Advising at UMass-Amherst. Watch Now!
- Lunchtime Livestream with State Senator Eric Lesser and Guest Dr. Kathleen Szegda, 2/5/2021: Their conversation focused on vaccine distribution in the region, health equity, and insights from the Western MA COVID-19 Data Dashboard. Watch Now!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Webinar: What You Need to Know, 2/5/21: Learn about how the vaccine was developed, how it is being rolled out, and some tips for talking with your employees, clients, and others. Watch Now!
COVID-19 Data & Communications, 12/18/20: In this webinar we discussed the COVID-19 data being collected by MDPH, as well as effective health communication for COVID-19. This webinar featured Dr. Catherine Brown, State Epidemiologist for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), and Dr. Devon Greyson, Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Watch Now!
- Town Hall- Latest on COVID-19 Safety, 11/24/20: Learn the latest on COVID-19 and how you can keep yourself and your family safe. Watch Now!
- Learn about Changes to the MA COVID-19 Community Risk Categorization Metrics, 11/20/20: In this webinar we were joined by Western Massachusetts legislative and public health leaders as we discussed how the metrics have changed, how they are being used, and questions that have arisen. Watch Now!
- Using the Western MA COVID-19 Data Dashboard, 9/18/2020: This webinar included a presentation of our Western MA COVID-19 Data Dashboard, as well as a panel discussion of regional experts about how they are using COVID-19 data to inform decisions. Watch Now!.