If you know of a COVID-19 related event or information session in the region that you'd like us to share, please let us know!
Upcoming COVID-19 Events
What YOU Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccines: Town Hall Series
Baystate Health is hosting a series of Community COVID-19 Town Halls. Hear from experts and ask questions.
- April 20th, 5:00-6:00pm (Español)
- April 22nd, 5:00-6:00pm (English)
- April 28th, 5:00-6:00pm (English)
There are several ways to join:
- Watching Public Access TV Channel 12
- Zoom Webinar (best option for participation)
- Call in with phone number: 646-558-8656 and meeting ID: 818 9424 0568
- Streaming live through Focus Springfield Facebook or YouTube
- Closed captions available.
- All programs will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing.
To submit questions in advance, click here.
To download event flyer in Español, click here.
Past COVID-19 Events
- MCLA to Present Panel on COVID-19 Vaccine Featuring Public-health Experts, 4/8/21 at 5:00pm: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is hosting a free virtual panel, “Closing the Gap on Herd Immunity,” featuring three experts in public health Learn more.
- Healthcare and Scams during COVID-19, 3/17/21 at 10:30am: The Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healy-Community Engagement Division is hosting a series of educational trainings. Learn more.
- COVID-19 Town Hall, 3/16/21 at 6pm: Join the Springfield Vax Force for a virtual town hall. The program can be accessed via Springfield Community Television Channel 17, http://focusspringfield.com/vax-town-hall; or http://facebook.com/cityofspringfieldma
- COVID-19 Vaccine Virtual Town Hall, 3/10/21 at 11:00am: Come ask your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. Speakers include State Senator Adam Gomez, State Representative Carlos Gonzalez, and Caring Health Center President & CEO Tania Barber, Chief Medical Officer Jonathan Moseley, Vice President of Research & Population Health Cristina Huebner Torres, PhD, MA. https://fb.me/e/1fy5qUSs1
- Virtual Panel Discussion: The COVID Vaccine: Personal & Professional Perspectives Within African American and Latino Communities, 3/5/21 at 12:00 pm: The Children's Study Home is hosting a panel discussion about the COVID Vaccine and personal & professional perspectives within African American and Latino Communities. Watch Now!
- Mason Square COVID-19 Vaccination Information Session, 2/23/2021: This webinar featured Helen Caulton-Harris, Commissioner of Springfield Health and Human Services; Esteban DelPilar-Morales, MD, Infectious Disease Specialist at Baystate Health; Lindsey Tucker, Associate Commission of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health; and Phoebe Walker, MPPA, Director of Community Services for Franklin Regional Council of Governments. Watch Now!
- The COVID-19 Vaccine: What Inquiring Minds Want to Know, 2/21/21: Join the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority- Springfield Alumnae Chapter and Baystate Health for a webinar featuring Dr. Mark A. Keroack, President & Chief Executive Officer, Baystate Health.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Webinar Series: Join Trinity Health Of New England experts for an educational presentation about the COVID-19 vaccine and what you need to know. Following the presentation, there will be a Question & Answer session.
- COVID-19 Vaccine & The African American Population, 2/9/2021: This webinar featured Dr. Webley, PhD, presenting to the Springfield Black COVID-19 Task Force. Dr. Webley is an Associate Professor & the Director of PreMed/PreHealth Advising at UMass-Amherst. Watch Now!
- Lunchtime Livestream with State Senator Eric Lesser and Guest Dr. Kathleen Szegda, 2/5/2021: Their conversation focused on vaccine distribution in the region, health equity, and insights from the Western MA COVID-19 Data Dashboard. Watch Now!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Webinar: What You Need to Know, 2/5/21: Learn about how the vaccine was developed, how it is being rolled out, and some tips for talking with your employees, clients, and others. Watch Now!
COVID-19 Data & Communications, 12/18/20: In this webinar we discussed the COVID-19 data being collected by MDPH, as well as effective health communication for COVID-19. This webinar featured Dr. Catherine Brown, State Epidemiologist for the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), and Dr. Devon Greyson, Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Watch Now!
- Town Hall- Latest on COVID-19 Safety, 11/24/20: Learn the latest on COVID-19 and how you can keep yourself and your family safe. Watch Now!
- Learn about Changes to the MA COVID-19 Community Risk Categorization Metrics, 11/20/20: In this webinar we were joined by Western Massachusetts legislative and public health leaders as we discussed how the metrics have changed, how they are being used, and questions that have arisen. Watch Now!
- Using the Western MA COVID-19 Data Dashboard, 9/18/2020: This webinar included a presentation of our Western MA COVID-19 Data Dashboard, as well as a panel discussion of regional experts about how they are using COVID-19 data to inform decisions. Watch Now!.