- A New Way to Talk About the Social Determinants of Health
- An guide from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation that discusses why we need a better way to talk about the social determinants of health, and best practices to assist in conversation with different audiences around the concept.
- Communities in Action: Pathways to Health Equity
- A report of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Countering the Production of Health Inequities: A Framework for Emerging Systems to Achiveve an Equitable Culture of Health
- A report from the Prevention Institute, sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Health Equity Policy Framework
- Framework created by the Massachusetts Public Health Association to be more intentional in addressing all forms of health inequities
- Talking About Disparities: The Effect of Frame Choices on Support for Racial Equity Policies
- Report from FrameWorks exploring how we can talk about disparities in ways that prompt people to rethink assumptions, acknowledge root causes of racial disparities, and support equity-focused policies
- Mental Health Inequities Among Springfield Eighth Grade Students: Findings from the 2019 Youth Health Survey (2021)
- PHIWM report exploring mental health inequities affecting students who are female, who are LGBTQ, or are students of color.
- Springfield Health Equity Report: Looking at Health through Race and Ethnicity (2019)
- PHIWM report exploring health inequities in Springfield
- Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts' reports
- Listing of reports written by PHIWM, including topics of health equity
- The Spectrum of Prevention
- A systematic tool that promotes a range of activities for effective prevention. It has been used nationally in prevention initiatives for traffic safety, violence prevention, injury prevention, nutrition, and fitness
- Understanding Implicit Bias
- Article from the Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
- Visualizing Health Equity: One Size Does Not Fit All Infographic
- What is Cultural Humility?
- Blog from the Social Work Practitioner addressing cultural humility and inclusivity in the workplace
- What is Health Equity?
- A report from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation designed to increase consensus around meaning of health equity
- Health Equity Guide Webinar Series
- Recordings from Human Impact Partners' 4-part webinar series with national experts and local health departments to discuss their work to advance health equity
- American Public Health Association
- Webpage with resources on health equity
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
- The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a program of the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, works to improve health outcomes for all and to close the health disparities between those with the most and least opportunities for good health
- Healing Racism Institute of Pioneer Valley
- Organization based in the Pioneer valley doing anti-racist work
- Health Equity Guide, A Human Impact Partners Project
HealthEquityGuide.org is a resource with inspiring examples of how health departments have concretely advanced health equity — both internally within their departments and externally with communities and other government agencies.
- List of health equity resources from Plan 4 Health
Health Equity Resources
- An online collection of health equity resources
- A collection of materials about Racism and Health from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation