Join us at the Basketball Hall of Fame on October 16, 2018, 3-5:30 pm for an engaging public health discussion on:
- The link between health care and social services spending
- Opportunities and policy options for better addressing the social determi-nants of health
- Views from health care and social services
- Lauren A. Taylor, author of The American Health Care Paradox: Why Spend-ing More is Getting Us Less.
- Mark Keroack, MD, President & CEO, Baystate Health
- Panel discussion/Q& A with members of the healthcare and social service fields
Date: Tuesday, October 16th
Time: 3:00-5:00 p.m., Reception 5:00-5:30 p.m.
Location: Basketball Hall of Fame Theater 1000 Hall of Fame
Reception afterwards in the main entrance to theater.
Funded by a grant from the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation.
Social Services Capacity Assessment
The Public Health Institute of Western MA partnered with TechSpring on the September 13, 2018 Social Services "Social". We announced the preliminary results of our regions Social Services Assessment survey and offered an update on new Accountable Care Organization and their work to link with social service agencies.