The Go Fresh Mobile Farmers’ Market brings healthy, affordable, fresh fruits and vegetables to neighborhoods in Springfield. This fresh food directly supports the health and well-being of community residents. Here are some key points for supporting Go Fresh:
- Go Fresh is an important access point for Springfield residents who have either have run out of food or worry they will run out of food.
- It is one of only four Healthy Incentive Program vendors in Springfield which allows residents who receive SNAP benefits to double the amount of fruits and vegetables that they can purchase.
- We serve 14 stops in 11 of the 17 Springfield neighborhoods, many of which are considered “food deserts” by the USDA.
- Go Fresh accepts vouchers for seniors and low-income families that might not qualify for SNAP.
- These food program efforts increase family purchasing power and ensure more local fresh produce reaches more dinner tables across Springfield.
- UMASS Extension Nutrition Education Program provides nutrition education and food demonstrations.
The Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts (PHIWM), manages Go Fresh in partnership with the YMCA of Greater Springfield which oversees daily operations. Our Advisory Committee includes representatives from city departments, local farms, health centers, and community organizations. The 2019 season will run for 18 weeks starting July through November.
With your sponsorship, Go Fresh Springfield will be able to increase the number of residents/families served, keep the fresh local produce at affordable prices, continue to provide incentives for Springfield residents and maintain the market’s daily operations.
- Harvest – $10,000 - Your LOGO on the SIDE of the Go Fresh Bus and in promotional materials, websites, social media, press packets
- Crop - $5,000 - Your LOGO on the back of the Go Fresh Bus with other partners and in promotional materials, websites, social media, press packets
- Garden - $2,000 - Your LOGO used in promotional materials, websites, social media, and press packets
- Plant - $1,000 - Name on promotional flyer, website, social media, and press packets.
- Seed - $500 - Name on website, social media, and press packets.
Thank you for your time and consideration!
The Go Fresh Advisory Team (Gardening the Community, Springfield Department of Health and Human Services, Mosque 13, Springfield YMCA, and Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts)